The Centre can no longer provide the indoor space needed by the local community. New community space is needed.
- The number of community events and meetings is increasing and the Centre is now not big enough to provide for the increased demand
- Planning approval has just been given for another 2,000 homes in Wash Common
- An increasing number of community groups are unable to pay hire charges
- The site is restricted and the Centre can not be enlarged, so unable to meet the new community need.
- The Church is adjacent to the Centre and is used for less than 15 percent of the available time. The Church could accommodate the new community need.
- Local community groups have said that for the Church to be acceptable as a community building it must be made warmer, less damp and more accessible for the disabled.
Click here for community feedback on the project.