Phase 1 will see scaffolding erected in the nave which will support the roof for the PV installation. This will be followed by more extensive roof timber supports and the replacement of the old 1930s/1960s plasterwork with a new insulated ceiling to keep the warmth inside the church building.
The approximate timetable is:
- 3rd February – Scaffolding of nave begins
- W/b 7th February – Ceiling taken down and supports to roof rafters installed
- W/b 14th February – PV’s Installed on South Roof
- W/b 21th February – PV’s fully working
- End of April 2011 – Completion of First Phase work